Major Events since the Late 1800s That Denote America's Backsliding – Or – And Grandpa Stared Out The Window
I was about sixteen, or maybe seventeen at the time of the event I am about to describe, and as a teenager I would frequent my grandparent’s home. Numerous details pertaining to their house and yard that they had at that time were then written on the pages of my memory with indelible ink, for now many years later I can still recall details of their home with amazing clarity. My grandparents were very dear to my heart, they were important to me. Grandma, in her seventies at the time of this story was quite crippled with arthritis, the knuckles of her hands being notably swollen, but she possessed herself with a quiet and gentle nature which touched me profoundly. Grandpa, also in his seventies at that time was a good sized man who was still, as I will describe it, “strong as an ox.” Not being a family that would commonly display what might be called gentile greetings between it’s male members, such as an embrace or perhaps a kiss, the male members of our family shook hands as a greeting. The strength of the grip of Grandpa’s handshake was tremendous, this strength he retained nearly to the very end of his life. On the day which I am yet to describe I can still see my Grandpa, who always, other than his Sunday Church going clothes dressed in bibbed overalls. The which, as I understood it had been a lifelong habit for him. Grandpa was not a loud person, but none the less still possessed a commanding manner about him which I as a youth stood in certain fear of. In other words, I didn’t cross him. A good man, but according to my memory Grandpa was not a man who could with ease speak of his inner most thoughts, of those things dearest, or most meaningful to himself.
But then one day he did a thing, the scene of which is still to this day held in my mind with great clarity, but before I speak of that let’s back up a few years. At an earlier time, being in their mid-sixties, this man and his wife had sold (Or simply left behind) what pertained to their Northern Minnesota farm which had been their home for nearly thirty years. They had done this to pack a few things into a pickup truck and make the move to Alaska, to then carve out of the woods a building site and construct a small log house. This is the house that I remember with such clarity, for it was my grandparent’s home in Alaska. Again people, my grandparents were very dear to me. In this house my grandpa had an easy certain chair which sat in a certain spot. From this spot he could view across the room to a television that was set on a corner self, basically above and to the side of the kitchen table. I remember this clearly for often having eaten dinner, (The noon day meal – supper is what we called the evening meal) he would retire to his easy chair and we would watch an afternoon episode of a western. But this particular day it was not a western that we watched, but a program which displayed modern views and practices.
All of the sudden Grandpa stood up, staring straight forward as if to see out the living room window, but it was certain that his focus was not on anything outside that window. “I guess I’ve lived to long – to see the things that I now see.” Those were my grandpa’s words as he turned toward the door to go out and resume his work. Words that were right then indelibly written on the tablet of my memory. Born some seventy years prior, he had been raised in a generation that had obviously possessed values contrary to what he saw on the television that day, and he was saddened to see the obvious and open display of the loss of those values.
Of course, I now being a man of fifty years cannot in spite of the affinity I possessed to my grandpa say that I can recite to you what were then the tenants of my grandpa’s thoughts. For he was not a verbal man, but having spent time with him, I was influenced by him. What in his mind were the issues of loss in regards to our America society from the time of his boyhood up until that time in the mid 1970’s? When he was out cutting birch firewood, (Which he delivered and sold to many in the area) or in private moments when his mind was open and relaxed, what were the thoughts of his heart in regards to the “state of affairs” of our nation? Perhaps my grandpa’s thoughts were very similar to the points that I will now list noting the decline of the moral and spiritual foundation of our American society. He viewing from the turn of the twentieth century up until the mid-70s, the time of this story. I viewing from the point of my birth in 1957, but possessing understanding of events prior to my birth. My understanding being opened by the Almighty as to the origin of the thought and the devilish spirits behind certain actions in our nation’s history. From the point of view of this understanding I have taken note of these points pertaining to our society’s detour from the truth of God our Creator, these points standing as elements of poison threatening to kill the liberty and godliness that was at one time the common testimony of America.
Perhaps you’ll consider them with me:
- The later 1800s–as the increase of technical knowledge began to be dramatically increased the spirit of humanism (Man centered thought) began to entice many away from a God centered thought process.
- With humanistic thought on the rise the introduction of evolution-ism began to take hold. Many began to teach that man was not the creation of an all wise and powerful creator, but the children of “chance”. An illogical system of thought that makes fools of men, for it is plagued with an eternal number of unanswerable questions. How rightly does the Scripture speak when it says in Psalms, The fool has said in His own heart that there is no God.
- Man centered thought began to focus on the throwing off of the laws and logic of headship, (Which are Biblical laws and thought process) thus sponsoring what became known as the woman’s suffrage movement.
- The practice of cross dressing began to show itself in American society, and will later as the decades pass become extremely common place. For what at first was spoken of as, “the brazen woman”, that woman who put off her dress in favor of pants, thus attempting to show her “equality”, will decade by decade became more and more common and accepted.
- The seeds of socialism (That man centered form of government where government steals from the producer, but not to distribute in an equal manner) begun to be sown into America from European voices such as Karl Marx. Before this time the socialism that worked in America was when a man had a need that he could not meet on his own he turned to his family first, and then to the Church, and to his near neighbors for their aide. But this does not fit well with the humanistic mindset that is loose in the world today and promoted by devils, and is set to bring to pass a one world socialistic state where a few godless men rule in absolute authority. For such a government to exist the sovereignty (The right of personal choice and responsibility) of men must be annulled, leaving the government as the all-powerful benefactor and lord. America, you must understand, that any man paying a tax, must of reason of justice have some sort of return on what was taken from him. Equity is not stealing from one to give to another.
- 1920 saw the constitutional amendment that gave the woman the right to vote. Thus legally establishing that all women are equal in headship (Headship is comprised of the balancing elements of responsibility and authority) to all men. A direct spit in the face to the teaching and the commandment of the Lord. (1 Co. 11:3) …..that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Thus, this single devise did much in its attempt toward the de- masculinization of American men. Satan hates the sovereignty of the godly man, because this sort of man, the godly man, cannot be bought at any price to do evil.
- The 1920s saw the “Roaring Twenties”. A time of general denial of restraint and the fear of God.
- The 1930s saw the judgment of God in the form of an economic collapse, and the famous dust storms of the 30s. Instead of humbling ourselves and turning to God, many of our people chose humanism, turning to the government, and Roosevelt’s “New Deal”. (Socialism: that form of government that is not based on equitable dealings, and where God is not considered King, but rather the government itself)
- The 1940’s brought World War Two. Women left the home and put on pants. You may ask, where is the sin here? Women are called to be …keepers of the home. (1 Tim. 5:14), so the obvious question is, if Mama isn’t home to nurture and train her children, who is going to do it? If Mama will not love her children to invest in them the time and devotion needed to bring forth wise, godly and productive children, then who will? ALSO, the woman is commanded by God to never dress in a manner that a man does, for this is an abominable act. (Deut. 22:5) The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
- The 1950s saw the Korean War. America begins to loose wars. Why? Because she became a house divided, one part expressing godliness, the other part casting off godly restraint and responsibility. Therefore, there was not sufficient political power (unity) to see the war through to victory, nor the blessing of God.
- John F. Kennedy promotes further socialism by the introduction of H.U.D.
- The Supreme Court rules it is unconstitutional to use the Bible in the class room
- The Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional for prayer in schools. At this point the scholastic averages of all public schools go dramatically downhill. Thus the “dumbing down” of America began. Why? The answer is simple, it is found in the wisdom of this verse. The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge… (Proverbs 1:7a) What became known as liberalism (ungodliness) began to soar in the 1960’s
- The 1970s opened the door to a flood of pornographic filth across America.
- The Supreme Court testifying to its hatred for God and all that is right, makes the ruling that it is now “legal” in America to murder your unborn child. Thus legalized abortion began, the which has since that time consumed 54 million plus innocents.
- No fault divorce laws are introduced into America. Another direct spit in God’s face, and a major promoter of a modern divorce rate of somewhere near 70%.
- Community property laws are introduced. For the woman suing for divorce needs to have “her share” in her husband’s, and family’s estate. Thus promoting further the transferal of ruler ship from the male to the female, for the truth of the “golden rule of finance” is seen here, “He (Or she) Who Has The Gold Rules” Yehovah’s law clearly expressing that a man sits as governor over his own property and shares it with a wife as a part of his family, and then at the point of his death it is transferred as an inheritance to his son or sons.
- What has grown to be called common law marriage (cohabitation) began to blossom on the scene as young people disenchanted with the hypocrisy of their parents and of society decided not to even make a pretense of commitment. This has advanced to the point now that approximately one half of all American people do not marry, but “cohabitate”. It is, for the disgruntled lover, easier for him or her to leave the relationship this way. In the eyes of the Lord “co-habitation” is simply fornication, for it lacks the element of covenant both before man and God.
- By this time it has begun to be the “official” policy that it is wrong to exercise corporal punishment on a child. Another direct insult to the wisdom of the wise, and the Bible injunction to not spare the rod of correction.
- The mid 70s, true to how our political house was divided saw the abandonment of the South Vietnamese people as we proved ourselves liars, breaking our commitment to them and allowing the murder of many of their people by the North Vietnamese.
- The 1980s, saw it become commonplace for a woman to be found outside of the home in the job place. Admittedly it was promoted by the tax burden and by what is called no fault divorce. For socialism is expensive. Someone has to pay for the “social benefits”, and “no-fault divorce” put many women out into the work place as heads of homes.
- Politicians, responding to the cry of women and other “minorities”, and desiring their vote invented what was to become known as affirmative I have to admit I have never understood what affirmative action was, or is to affirm? I guess our own stupidity. For this social movement demanded of employers to surrender their sovereignty and good sense, and mandated the implementation of hiring quotas. So many of this kind of “minority”, and so many of another kind of “minority” were (And still are) by law to be hired by the employer.
- In a society where the word of God was less and less honored, the 1980s also became the decade of the co-ed: co-ed military, co-ed police force, co-eds at West Point Military Academy, etc.
- The 1980s saw the dramatic increase in the “single mom”, which then turned to the government for support, thus effectively taking the government as their husbands. For the government was easy, it simply used the money it stole from its citizens to support these women, and demanded little or nothing of them in return. This folly in varied forms remains very much alive to this day.
- Oh yes, the decade of the co-ed began to introduce a whole crop of women into governmental roles in both local, state, and national governments. Thus spitting into the face of the demands of the Scriptures expressed among other places in 1 Timothy 2:12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- Desert Storm–the government tells the American people that we must defend the defenseless people of Kuwait. I have nothing against that, but if that was the motivation then why did we not seek to aide the defenseless peoples of Sudan, where multitudes of people have perished in recent years, not to mention other atrocities against human life in Africa in the last twenty years, such as the genocide of Rwanda? NO, the issue was oil. We needed stability in that region for the sake of oil. And why had not America developed her own fuel resources, and why has that not happened even up until today? The answer is found in this one word. For a double-minded man is unstable in all of his ways. We say that we wish for God’s blessing, but we walk contrary to His commandments. That is double mindedness, and double mindedness cannot produce the power needed to go forward.
- The 1990s saw the increase in international terrorism against American concerns. Not to speak of the abundance of natural disasters here at home. Extremely few of our leaders were willing to give God honor and admit that our sins are the reason for these judgments from God. Still there was no national cry for repentance.
- The 1990s saw an increase of natural disasters, which continues to this day. Yet we harden our hearts and turn to a humanistic government for salvation, instead of repenting in humility.
- Our president at the time, Mr. Bill Clinton, became an activist for sodomy, for abortion, for more and more socialistic programs.
- The President’s cry was to pay for the abortion (murder) of the unwanted child, and the care for the person with aids who contracted it because of his immoral life style. The nation paid out many millions to study how to conquer the aids virus, but officially did nothing to promote the teaching of chastity. Which practice in itself would all but eliminate the very existence of the aids virus in America. The practice of chastity of course being according to Yehovah’s law.
- The 90s saw the perjury of President Clinton go completely unpunished.
- The 2000s brought forth another president who spoke as if he walked with the Mighty One, but watch out, words can be cheap.
- Stem cell research is the push, thus devaluating the scantily of human life.
- 911 occurs, the Twin Towers fell in New York City, and thus began the crime of the century. The government promoted a cover up which at first was taken as truth by very many, but as time has passed more and more people have come to the understanding that the fall of the Twin Towers was a deliberate act of terrorism apparently by our own government. The reality that a skillful planting of high powered explosives took place in the twin towers prior to the visible attack on the towers that was drummed up to be an international terrorist act, is becoming obvious to thinking minds. If you question this begin to verify it by checking out ca, and you’ll find numerous other sites that reveal volumes of irrefutably evidence supporting exactly what I am telling you.
- Under the guise of “needed national security” the Patriot Act was implemented. Elements of the national government desiring to introduce a “one world order”, but obviously needing to subject the American people to do this, who although in a badly backslidden standing, could not at that time, and still cannot, be overcome without a craftily executed plan to cause confusion and hysteria. It was, and still is hoped, that the implementation of such a plan would serve to allow elements of our Federal Government to coerce the American people to lay down their freedoms for the government’s promise of protection. Thus the scheme to subjugate this free people into a godless one world system has taken a notable step forward. A system that if allowed, will prove to be very much like unto Nazi’s Germany. A system of government issuing death to any and all who do not subjugate themselves to become completely children of the state. A people without voice and without personal freedoms, where a small minority rule, and not at all after the spirit of Christ, but after the spirit of the anti-Christ.
- With the confusion of the American people (Having taken the word of the government and media for face value, and as truth) President Bush drug America into two wars reasoning that terrorists destroyed the Twin Towers, and that Iraq at that time stood behind the terrorists, also that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and that the actions of the nation of Iraq could not be trusted.” Thus, what was the buzzing and sting of a few “bees” of terrorism around the world has been stirred up by America having attacked Iraq and Afghanistan, Thus, as a man might stir up a nest of bees with a stick, America by its invasion and occupation of these counties stirred up, and continues to stir up the “bee hives” of international terrorists, not to speak of the Arab nations. This being the very plan of the “One Worlders”, to create an unstable world environment where a worldwide government is needed to bring stabilization.
- As if these other atrocities are not enough President Bush and his collaborators have gone even further with their efforts to create a NORTH AMERICAN UNION that would erase the American boarders, dump it’s dollar, and over turn its Constitution. This plan would merge the U.S. with Mexico and Canada, ending the nation’s status as an independent republic. More information concerning this issue can be obtained at ConservativeUSA.org. It has every appearance that President Bush will go down in history as the “Benedict Arnold” of the 21st century.
- The 2008 Presidential election saw the first of another situation, which is the obvious forthcoming of decades of our backslidden ways: the advent of women running for the nation’s highest national public office. Thus taking our rebellion towards God’s law to yet another dimension. It is nothing short of the expression of the rebellion of Lucifer himself who wished to be equal to God, ((Is. 14: 9-15) for the woman being created by God as a living mortal representation of the Church. Therefore, even as the Church is to be subject to Christ in all things the women are to be subject to the eldership of men, and in particular terms a woman to her husband, who as a man was created by God to be a living mortal illustration of God himself. So for the woman to claim equality of headship with the man is to say that the Church, or any Believer is equal to God. Which is the height of rebellion.
America, when will you turn from your indifference, apathy, confusion, and rebellion and begin to admit our folly in turning from the obedient following of the faith of Yeshua?
An American Watchman,
Gregory A DeHart